We have high mobility at Akrotiri and we are always sad to see our pupils leave. However, we enjoy sending them on to their new adventures and new schools in the knowledge that they have had an enjoyable and valuable experience here at Akrotiri School.
As soon as you know your actual leaving day, please fill in the ‘Notification for Leaving’ form in our School Office or use the links below to access the form and a parents’ questionnaire:
Please return the forms via email (Akrotiri.Mobility@modschools.org) or post – Thank you.
Parents must collect and sign their child’s ‘Leaving Pack’ receipt on the child’s last day in school.
Notification of Leaving
- Parents notify the school that their child will be leaving.
- Notification of Leaving form, (Notification of Leaving form) and Parent Questionnaire, (Parents’ Questionnaire) are completed.
- Parents are informed that they need to collect and sign for the Pupil Transfer Report folder from the office to pass on to their new school. (In some cases some records may be posted directly to the new school.)
- When the Notification of Leaving form is received our office inputs child’s date of leaving and new school details on to our database: Bromcom.
- The headteacher collates and discusses any parental comments from the questionnaire.
A MOD Schools Pupil Transfer Report folder is compiled in the office which includes:
- an acknowledgment form to the new school from headteacher,
- a transition report,
- all relevant records from office file.
At least one week before leaving date
Office e-mails class teacher and requests:
- foundation stage profile or KS1 / KS2 report including assessment levels,
- current Maths, English and Science books / folders and significant foundation subject samples of work, reading record,
- a transfer report.
Office requests SEND file and SENCO contacts new school if appropriate.
Final Day at School
Parents come to the school to sign and pick up their child’s leaving envelope.
Lists of schools we send pupils to are kept on our records together with a forwarding address.